Pages

Monday, November 13, 2006

I Can Count To Ten (But Thats All!)

I was just sorting through my novel, backing it up and making sure it was correctly saved etc, when I noticed a discrepancy in the size of one of my chapter files with the copied file on my external harddrive.

See, when I save a chapter on my computer I also save a copy to my external harddrive too because (*touchwood*) my logic is that both harddrives wont explode at the same time and I wont lose my book.

BUT, I must have forgotten to save the finished (and I use the term 'finished' very loosely) file of Chapter 2 to the external harddrive, thus eliminating approx 3,000 from my word count. I must have added up my word count from the external harddrive copy of files not realising that the wordcount would be different from my main novel folder on my computer. What a twat I am!

So, it seems my wordcount is already over 34,000, so reaching my target of 35,000 today should be a breeze. Hehehe. Perhaps I'll raise the target to 37,000. No point wasting such a lovely little bonus.

I'm going to email myself my novel now, because now that I've said the words 'harddrive' and 'explode' in the same sentence its just bound to come true.

Plus - Hoorah, beta blogger is letting me post again without that stupid annoying message!! Woo hoo!!

No comments: