Pages

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Day #5 Nano - Sunday Grace

I've started the day off with 2000 words, concluding chapter one. I think this book is going to be a bit more adult than intended. I've already used the words sex, asshole and bitch.

Oh well, that happens when you put in a goth-loving character and her flamboyant Graham-Norton-like gay friend.

I'm really enjoying developing the story. I thought I'd get bored with it having it all planned out. I'm not much of a planner and am more of a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of girl, but the bare bones of the outline is bare enough to allow room for creativity, yet structured enough to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I'm hoping to crack the 10k barrier by the end of today and I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to kill my heroine in the next chapter or two. Cant wait.

But what is the rest of the book filled with if your heroine is dead? I hear you ask? Why, with her ghostly form trying to figure out life on the other side, of course!

In reference to Deep Thinker's post about blogger - I cant seem to access the last few of my posts to edit them or add to them etc. Wtf? Blogger has never failed on me since I've been signed up. Grrr. I wanted to add a lovely tarot picture to my previous post. Looks like I wont be able to. Oh well. Such is life I guess.. or should I say, such is blogger.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Sorry, Kate, can't see Day 1 & Day 3 posts. Seems that everyone is having problems with blogger!

Good to hear your writing is going well. Good luck.

Marie said...

Ooops... I meant Day 3 & 4!

Kate said...

Thanks Marie, *sigh* I think they're lost forever to the void. Oh well. I'm going to have my posts emailed to myself from now on lest I lose any more of them.