Pages

Monday, December 18, 2006

X-Factor Farewell

I must say I'm pretty gutted that the X-Factor is over. Its one of a series of tv shows that I've been watching that has ended for the Christmas season.

I think that that is the main problem with depression/anxiety over Christmas. If you're like me then you're stupidly anchored to your television (or computer) all the time and rely on its methodical and dependable timetable to keep your life flowing in the happiness direction.
Of course there are always hiccups to disturb this - ie wars/news flashes/sport, damn sport! etc...

I've been following Lost, Prison Break, House, My Name Is Earl, X-Factor.. ummm.. thats about it I think, and all of them have stopped over Christmas. Its incredibly annoying. Now I feel forced to spend more time with family blah blah blah. I'd much rather choose to turn the tv off and spend time with them, but to be forced to either watch total bollocks on tv or switch it off is a major pain in the bum! I want my tv goddammit!!

My couch groove will start to unfold if I spend too much time away from it.. and I cant have that!

So anyway, back to the X-Factor. What do I think? Well, I really like Ray (I love swing etc!) but he shouldn't be on the X-Factor. He's going to have a long career in the West End anyway, so he should have stood aside and let Ben go through to the final.

If the above had have happened I would be unable to choose who should win. Ben is fantastic, but Leona's voice is phenomenal! I'm pleased she won for the whole 'girl power' thing and I'm sure if she sluts herself up a bit she could have a good career. I just hope that someone picks up Ben and keep his music going coz I reckon he could make it big if he gets some original stuff done and gets a band behind him.

How good was it to hear all the losers singing? HAHA! I love Earth Song, but they totally ruined it. I thought the best of the bunch was the fat old tart who missed her queue! Fantastic! Loved it!

I'm looking forward, straight ahead, to Christmas Day... 7pm... BBC 1... DOCTOR WHO!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!

2 comments:

Marie said...

Yeah, I'd definitely like to hear and see more of Ben. I'd buy his stuff if it's any good, but I don't think I'd buy any of the others.

Marie said...

Yeah, I'd definitely like to hear and see more of Ben. I'd buy his stuff if it's any good, but I don't think I'd buy any of the others.