Pages

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Lazy Dayz

Well, Christmas came and went. What can I say? I ate too much and played stupid games.

Martin and I went over to his parents house and sat around doing the 'opening presents' thing. Martin's brother has a new bird. Some chunky girl with a penchant for brown velvetine tracksuits. Ugh! We watched the two love birds exchange approximately 30 gifts each, with the fluffy bears getting bigger with each gift. It was a little bit sickening, but perhaps its just coz I only got three pairs of shoes this Christmas. Hehehe.

So, the day passed non-eventfully. I knew about most of my presents anyway so it wasn't all that surprising, but it was good to finally have the items I picked out ages ago. A couple of DVDs, some CDs (Loreena McKennitt's new album - An Ancient Muse, and Alanis Morissette's accoustic Jagged Little Pill) which went straight onto my ipod once I got home. Also got a few books.. one of which I have been waiting over a year to be released!!! It came out months ago, but stupid me said 'why dont you give that to me for Christmas?' thus making my stupid self wait longer.

Its Terry Goodkind's 'Phantom'. I think its the last in the Sword of Truth series, but I'm not sure. I'm over halfway through reading it and I honestly dont remember his last books being so damn long winded. One conversation spanned about 5 chapters! He always leaves a little cliffhanger at the end of each chapter though, so he knows how to spin a good yarn.

I've also got the second book in Earth's Children's series by Jean M Auel 'Valley of the Horses'.. I think thats what its called. I haven't got it in front of me at the mo. I also thought I'd try reading 'Eldest' by Christopher Paolini. If some kid can write a book and make a mint then I'm going to read it and find out what the fuck he has written that is so great. His first book 'Eragon' wasn't very flash but perhaps I'm missing something. I also heard that the movie is a waste of space. Still, I'll look at it anyway coz its fantasy and the cast line up is pretty cool.

I haven't touched any writing since I last blogged, and although the break from Blogger and the Book has been good, its been a little wierd. I've felt oddly very emotional in the last few weeks and have been entertaining some wierd thoughts. Its almost been a bit scary the things my brain has spat at me. I'm not going to divulge things here, coz although this is my journal of sorts, it aint very private and some things have to be kept private lest the funny farm comes and takes me away.

So, I'm not going to be doing any writing until next year.. ie Monday (Heheh.. I love referring to the next few days as 'next year'. It sounds a long way off even though its only a few days). I've got all of January to add an extra 40,000 words and some new plot points. I need to add the negative balance to the story, which means a whole new character with his own problems/motivations. Will take a bit of thought but I'm sure I can wangle it.

Well I've got to get off my arse and go pick up a package that wasn't delivered yesterday (even though Martin was home all day the useless post people didn't even knock or anything. Lazy bastards!!)

For New Year I'm just going to a pub with some friends to drink myself into oblivion. If I dont ever blog again after that then no doubt the forces of evil, aka Jack Daniels & Coke, have taken over my body and I'm stuck in a perpetual hangover.

Sounds like fun.

No comments: