Pages

Friday, December 22, 2006

The Office Drunk!

Thats me!

I've only been in this job two months but I still got an appraisal. I cleverly scheduled it for Tuesday before the Christmas party on Wednesday and boy am I glad I did.

We all went out for a nice Christmas lunch Wednesday, and I was sat next to the boss, but of course I didn't care, I still went ahead and drank 6 Jack Daniels & Cokes!

But, being the trained JD drinker I barely felt tipsy. We left the restaurant and headed over to the place where the supposed Christmas party was. It was just a dull and boring room filled with suited and booted boring professionals... until my department walked in from the restaurant. We still had our silly hats on from the crackers at lunch, so we all got stared at.

I had to then move onto the red wine.. which wasn't so bad I suppose, but I'm not sure how much I drank coz my drink was topped up at least 3 times.

We left there at about 8-ish and went to the tiny little pub across the road. Its from then on that things turn all blurry. I bought my first drink - a double JD.. and from then on my drink seemed to multiply every time I got down to the dregs.
I always had at least two JD's in hand at once, and I was told this morning that I swayed a great deal, but never spilled a drop! Ha.. I'm a professional!

So, thanks to some of the boys from my department I managed to get across the road to the train station - propped up between the two of them, still with my silly hat on.

I managed to find the right platform for my train and had to wait half an hour for it (which turned out to be longer since it was delayed!) so I decided to go to the ladies. When I got into the toilet there was some young french bloke standing in their complaining at how long we were taking, but I wasn't in any mood to have a bloke taking a tinkle before me, so after a little bit of pushing and shoving I chinned him one with the best punch I could manage (after at least 12 JD's it was probably a weak slap, but in my mind it was the best punch in the world).

Thank god he was a weedy little bastard, coz he could have turned around and smacked me clear off my feet. Thankfully he just left, coz three other girls were starting to take offense at his presence.

What a dickhead!

So anyway, I managed to get on my train and talked a load of bollocks to whoever would listen, and then stumbled home. I was lucky to meet up with the hubby (who was also coming home from his Christmas bash) on the way home, but I am very pleased to say that I didn't fall down once all night!!

The hubby on the other hand tripped over a few times, grazed his knee and hand, and broke his phone. And he wasn't even all that pissed at the end of the night.

I honestly cant remember the last time I was that pissed! It was fantastic!! I didn't even feel that bad in the morning. I was still really pissed in the morning though, so I phoned up and took an emergency holiday day! Hehehe. Thankfully it was all ok.

Oh, but the best yet.. Today my bosses came over to my desk and presented me with some lovely perfume as a 'thank you'! I dunno what the thank you was for, but perhaps it was just the christmas spirit. My face went so red, I was speechless. At first I thought they were coming over to tell me off about something, but apparently not. By the looks of it I'm doing pretty well in this job! Hoorah! (Hopefully I didn't do something I shouldn't have at the party.. perhaps that was what the 'thank you' was for! I hope not!)

1 comment:

Julia Buckley said...

Sounds like a biggie! I can't believe you actually punched that guy - you're crazy! Hope you're having a brilliant holiday.
jx