Pages

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

To Edit or To Start Anew

I've been taking a break from writing since the end of Nano, and I'm not sure what to do next.

I thought I'd start a new book - a fantasy novel. But now I'm not sure. It would take loads of research (which I've already started) and lots of planning. But it would be totally fulfilling.

Martin made a comment the other day saying that I never finish anything. Its true, actually. I love to start new things, but never really finish anything. He wants me to continue on my Nano novel and get it done so that it can be sent out to prospective agents/publishers.

Grr.. its just that I want to move on. I know I should keep at the Nano novel and edit it etc. I'm so annoyed that I'm like this. I've got to stop it.

I think I've decided. I'm going to put the new fantasy novel on hold until after Christmas, and continue on with the Nano novel. Hopefully by Christmas I can have it all set and ready to send out by Christmas.

Yep. Thats a good plan.

No comments: