Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

S&S & MISS S

Since I dont have a book published I know very little about publishing contracts, but I did know that once a book is out of print the rights generally revert back to the author... but I've been reading everywhere that Simon & Schuster are changing their contracts so that a book never goes out of print, or they hold the rights for the length of the copyright.

It doesn't sound good to me. Then again I am a bit of a control freak.

Methinks I may scrap Simon & Schuster off my 'publishers to submit to' list.

So anyway.. I've been reading around. There is a massive hole in the blogosphere now that Miss Snark has hung up her clue gun. It sux. So I've added a couple more agent links to my sidebar to try to fill the void. The Rejector comes close, but just doesn't use the magnificently colourful language that Miss Snark did.

Oh I do hope that someone fills her enormous shoes soon. ....or even better, that she sees sense and comes back!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If a book never goes out of print then it will always have a chance of a comeback and continue to make money for the author. This will also do away with the nasty business of remaindering after six months if a book fails to make the top twenty. I can only see this as a positive. S and S are probably switching some of their list over to some sort of POD function but it will still mean that the book remains 'live'. This, I imagine, does not mean that the bookrights cannot be resold to another house if the right price came along!

pee ess - don't limit yourself, as far as agents and publishers go - flood 'em all. The market is so top heavy at the moment that poor writers cannot be silly beggars!