Pages

Friday, May 25, 2007

Delirium

I had the strange sleep last night. When I say 'sleep' I mean tossed an turned. I was absolutely freezing, but sweltering like nothing else. My skin hurt even from the silkiest touch. I could even hear myself wimpering as I tossed and turned trying to get to sleep.

I had some debit notes running around in my head that I just couldn't get away from. At work, you see, I deal with all the payments etc, and yesterday at work I ha a hard time photocopying the damn things because someone had jammed the photocopier and then just left it.

I was in such a state last night. I kept poor old Martin up too. In the morning, when Martin got up for work, I think I asked him to stay home with me, but I'm not sure how 'conscious' I was. It feels like a dream. I drifted in and out of sleep and I babbled like a mental patient.

I finally woke up at 11am, feeling a little bit more like myself.

I still feel really strange and delirious, and I'm sweating like nothing else, but at least I can feel that I'm winning against this strange illness.

Its a bank holiday weekend, so it was absolutely typical that I would get sick. No doubt I'll start to feel better by Tuesday by which time I've got to get back to work.

At least I've got today off!

1 comment:

Julia Buckley said...

Oh dear, hope you feel better soon.