Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Head in the Clouds

I've had a spark of inspiration ignite in my little brain which completes my plot for my book about the Cloud People.

I'm so fucking pleased!! WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I dont know why I didn't think of it before!

I cant say though. That would be telling. And I'd have to go on a killing rampage throughout the world to make sure that anyone who read it here on my blog could not live to tell it to anyone else.... and that would be a big and messy job. and i'm far too lazy for that.

I think I'll start fully planning it after this weekend. The book I'm reading ('How to write a blockbuster') has been really helpful in highlighting writing techniques and tips that I had never given much thought to. I've also got a book called '38 Most Common Fiction Writing Mistakes', which I should read before I start writing the Cloud People book, but I can start the planning before reading that... I think.

I've also got book 1 of The Liveship Traders by Robin Hobb, but I dont think I'll start reading that until after the weekend.

This weekend I'm participating in a short story competition called The Weekender Challenge, which should be a bit of fun. Basically all you need to do is write a short story between 9am Saturday morning and midnight Sunday night on a theme chosen by WriteLink, but the theme and wordcount aren't revealed until 9am Saturday morning. So its pretty exciting.

I just hope the word count isn't over 20,000 words or anything ridiculous like that.

5,000 would be ideal.

10,000 would be ok.

Anything less than 5,000 would be ok too.

Fingers crossed that my phalanges are loose and limber enough and that the creative juices are flowing like a river... otherwise I just wasted £4.50 entry fee!

No comments: