Pages

Monday, March 05, 2007

Return of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Hangover!

This post has absolutely nothing to do with what the above title suggests. I did have a hangover over the weekend, that much is true, but as far as the other bit I just saw a notice regarding the new TMNT movie coming out when I was in McDonalds ordering a serving of fat & grease, so I thought I'd add it to the title.

Seeing the TMNT advertisement did, however, send my mind reeling back into my days of the teenage years, and I feel that my actions on Friday were a pathetic and stupid attempt at grasping for my youth which seems to be further and further out of my reach each time.

I went out with my friend Amy on Friday night. We went and saw a few Irish bands in Camden at the World's End/Underworld pub. We then sat in the bar until it closed at 3am, then we sat with the landlord and a few other old boys until about 6.30am! When the sun started to rise we swallowed (read that - 'messily gulped') the last of our drinks and stumbled out into the eerie light and hailed a bus to take us home.

When we got back to her house she insisted we put 'My Private Idaho' on. I've never seen the film, myself, and I can still claim that. I saw the opening shot of River Phoenix on a desolate road, then nothing. We both crashed out until about 12.30pm when we awoke bleary-eyed, tired, and still drunk.

It was horrible.

I stumbled out of her house and caught a bus to the tube station, a tube train to London Bridge, then a National Rail train to my home station, then a cab from the station to home (2 hours later!). It was the single most horrible and difficult journey I've ever made! I was so hung over that I couldn't eat the Burger King fries that I bought at London Bridge station. I took them home and gave them to Martin.

Thankfully Martin hadn't finished studying, so I went and took a nap while he finished up. After I awoke (1.5hours later) I felt much better.

Sunday rolled along wastefully. I had a mental list of all the things I wanted to get done - including the hour working on my book which I did not do the other day (I sooo hate myself for that!!!) - but I didn't do anything! I didn't even wash my work trousers or charge my ipod.

But, the weirdest thing occurred last night/this morning... and I hope to god its just the after effects of the huge drinking session. I turned over this morning when I heard Martin's alarm go off and my head spun as though I'd just done a double loop on a roller coaster. I had to shut my eyes and brace myself!

The dizziness continued everytime I turned over or even moved my eyes until I got up.
Although I haven't had a real dizzy spell since being awake and upright, I still feel pretty dazed and confused.

Man, I hope I haven't broken my brain! If I'm ever going to get motivated to write again then I'll need it to think up words and shit. Bugger.

I think, though, that I've done fairly well in being able to mash out this post. So all is not lost.

I'm going to enter 'Fleeting Life', my nano novel, into a writing competition (I mean other than the Writers and Artists Yearbook competition). I'm not sure I even want to mention it here though. I saw it in... wait for it - Cosmopolitan magazine.
Its called 'Miss Write' and I think it only real deals with that Chick Lit stuff. But I figure what the heck. Its not exactly what I'd consider Chick Lit, but perhaps if I make the protagonist moan and groan about lost love, and make the brief kissing scene a bit more developed then I might be able to swing it. Hehehe. Needless to say I'm not holding out much hope.

I'm not going to submit it today though. Perhaps later this week or on the weekend. I've only got one more week as a secretary so things at work are going to be a bit hectic!

*sigh* I'm so tired! I must must must must must keep in mind that in order to get what I want - ie sit at home all day as a novelist, then I must actually get my head down and write!

My tentative 17th March deadline to finish Fleeting Life is looming fast.

No comments: