Pages

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Meandering in a Sea of Zen Strangeness

My Tarot-scope for today seems very fitting with how I'm feeling...

Your emotional world may collapse, and everyone else may be running around in all directions, but you'll stay cool today, dear Kathryn Wheeler. The influence of Temperance and the Tower is helping you to see your surroundings clearly, with a certain detachment that some may take for contempt. Reassure them. It doesn't mean you're indifferent, just that you have confidence in the future and the happiness to come. If you go into work today, this should be a relaxing day with nothing to fear. Protected by Justice and Temperance, everything goes smoothly today. You even get the chance to resolve a few problems that have crept up recently. You're adopting very much a Zen attitude. In fact you appear as calm the surface of a lake on a day without any wind.


It definitely feels like one of those contemmplative days to me and I'm sure that if there were some roses on my journey to or from work then I would stop to smell them.

I've got an easy night tonight. Last night, Monday (and all Mondays), was manic. I go to work as normal but when I get home at around 7pm I have to go straight out again to teach piano. I dont mind it. In fact I actually enjoy it, except my first student is a 6 year old boy who just wont sit still!! My second student is a 13 year old girl and she's doing really well and we had quite a laugh last night.. she just couldn't seem to remember to play b-flat and e-flat.. I had to keep prompting her in almost every bar and it became so silly it was funny. After the lesson I had to stop by Sainsburys to get food to feed my man and I didn't get home until 10.20pm. Sux.

But anyway... tonight. Tonight will be nice. We usually go out to the pub on Tuesdays, but Martin's friend Andy gets a bit grumpy that I always turn up coz he wants to sit with Martin by himself so they can oggle women and talk about cars and football without having my cynical comments interrupt them. Suits me to a tea, but it would mean I have to drive Martin to the pub and pick him up. Pain in the arse, I say! But, Martin has cancelled tonight, so he's going to lock himself in the bedroom and revise for his exams and keep out of my hair. I'm going to just chill out with our brand new 32" Sony Bravia fucken brilliant tv! Its like having a fucken cinema in ya front room! I never realised how much I could love an inanimate object. I can even plug the computer into it! (Although the cord isn't long enough to reach the couch where the computer sits, so I have to unplug the internet cords and put the computer next to the tv... but at least we can watch all the downloads and stuff on the big screen.. I just need to get another cord to allow sound from the computer to run through the tv, then we're totally set. Or I could just transfer stuff onto the new DVD-RW discs I bought. Damn, so much to do).

BUT... I will also be getting my arse on the treadmill for half an hour, and will definitely spend at least one whole hour on writing! I havent written one single word in about 2 months. Well, thats not true.. I've edited a bit, but I haven't really progressed. So I am going to make sure I get at least one chapter done tonight!

I MUST!!!

This week is looking to be pretty busy. Tomorrow (Wed) we're going to TGI Fridays, coz its been way too long since I've had those luscious Jack Daniels glazed ribs..mmmmmmmmm... and then Thursday its the work quiz night, then Friday I'm off to the pub with my longtime mate Amy!

So... blah blah blah... and blah blah blah....

I'm so full of shit.

Shit shittety shit. Hehe.

I'm thinking I might change my profile photo again. I feel vain with the one I put up... or is that spelled 'vane'.. hmm.. nope, I think I got it right the first time.

Note to self - Fucking learn grammar, spelling and damn sentence structury stuff more and get good at the "write' thing and words and stuff . !

I soooo dont want lunchtime to end.. I just dont want to go back to work. There's nothing to dooooooo. *sigh* ...I am resigned to the fact that my afternoon is going to be spent reading Cosmopolitan magazine.. the self-loving glossy book of shite for young & stupid girls. Ugh. I dont know if I can bear it. Perhaps I should write my own magazine that doesn't have that perky voice to it and article titles such as 10 Ways To Win Back Your Man, or 3 Steps To The New Sassy You. BLAAAAGH!! It makes me sick.

At this point I must say - I only read it for the pictures of the shoes!

2 comments:

Marie said...

Picture looks good. It's hard to find the right one though. I keep changing mine at the moment. I don't even know if I actually want one on my blog so I'm always thinking maybe I should just remove it.

Kate said...

Hi Marie, I was thinking of removing the picture altogether too, but then again I'm just not sure.

I've been seeing loads of blogs that have cartoons as their profile pictures. I'm thinking I might try my hand at making a cartoon of myself and using that.

Even if it turns out rubbish at least it will be a bit of a laugh!
(Good luck with the title hunting for your novel! I'm terrible at titles, so I'm afraid I'm no help at all!)