Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Finally!

Finally got the damn profile photo to upload. The stupid thing kept chucking out an error message at me. It was probably coz I copied the first of the two image addresses which would have been the image that was over 50k.

Anyway, its done now.

Though I'm not sure I like this picture either.

I dont actually think I'll be happy with any picture there.

Hmmmm...

I will have to think on it.

But not too much.

Thinking hurts my head.

And I need my head to function.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!

So, Becky went into labour this morning, so rather than have three more days of shadowing her in her job I've been plunged into the deep end of the Underwriting world. Ooo.. it sounds all underhanded and dark doesn't it.. but its not. Its dull and there are so many gaps in my knowledge I am like swiss cheese!

I'm enjoying reading Robin Hobb's Assassin's Apprentice. I tell ya, I wasn't expecting it to be in the first person. It kinda feels wierd reading a book in first person, especially when its through the life of a boy. Anyway, the story is good and I'm liking where its going. Of course I am humbled by her writing and vocabulary and I feel absolutely inadequate and inferior as a writer, but I'm sure I'll be able to drown that out over the weekend with some Jack Daniels (although we ran out last week and the supermarket only had Jim Beam.. so I'm on the Jim instead of Jack).

March 17th, that deadline I am blindly following, is looming and its making my knees tremble. I'm supposed to go to a friend's birthday tonight, in fact there was another one last night too but I didn't go, and I think I'm not going to go it coz for one I just cant be bothered, secondly I've got a bit of a headache and I'm a bit anxious about my job etc and just need some quiet time, and thirdly the hubby needs to study for his exams and while he's doing that I can write write write write write...

Yes, its sorted then. I'm not going.

No comments: