Pages

Friday, March 30, 2007

Its Friiiiiday

This week has been quite good actually.

At work I've had a lot more to do, and rather than it being boring typing work I've been number crunching and dealing with spreadsheets and lots of other bits and bobs. Its a fantastic change from boring secretarialism. No doubt in a month or two i'll be bored of spreadsheets, but I'm not going to look forward with that kind of attitude.

We had a bit of a rearrange in the office today. The underwriting department are separated from everyone else, we're in a little room up the end. Just four of us. Samantha, Matthew, Me and Wendy (secretary). We needed another filing cabinet for files, so to fit it in they had to move the little drawers that were next to Wendy. I kindly suggested that there was room at the end of my desk for them. Hoorah, they agreed. So I have even more desk space now.

I love organising furniture and stuff. Its so sad and pointless, but I cant help it. Its like watching all those make-over shows on tv. If I start watching them I get hooked. Martin hates them, so I dont ever get the chance to watch them, but I'm not complaining at all. My time is better spent organising my own life rather than watching hapless twats getting their own homes/lives reorganised by commercially driven so-called 'professionals'.

So, things are looking up at work. Its a lot more interesting and I dont feel rushed to type stuff up. I can take my time over the work I'm doing and prioritise it myself and satisfy myself with how much or little I invest my time into each bit of work. I still report to Sam on pretty much everything, but at least I can use my brain and only pass things to her for authorisation. Slowly I'm figuring things out for myself rather than running to her every second I dont understand something. Its good. I like it. And Sam is lovely, and so patient.

I slipped out to the market earlier this lunchtime. I was hoping to pickup a handful of my new favourite fruit - Dragon Fruit. But the stall I went to only had a pissy little collection of half shrivelled pathetic looking pieces. So I only left with one, and at £1 per piece Its probably a good thing. Shame the damn stuff cant be discounted because of its ever so wonderful title. It should be more readily available.

Oh damn this miserable country! Why cant the weather be more appropriate for the growing of cacti. Tis not fair.

I guess I shall have to just have Dragon Fruit as a special occasion. I'm going to take the one home that I bought tonight, mix it up with some crushed strawberries and chill it until I have a delightful sorbet. YUM!

No comments: