Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

SAD

Apparently there is a syndrome that certain people get when the weather is particularly dull and depressing. Its called SAD. I've no idea what it stands for, or where I even heard about it. But I'm sure its just making a mountain out of a mole hill about being a bit glum when the weather is grey.

Yesterday, however, was clearly a day to be miserable about. I mean, I like snow and all, but not with that much wind or biting chill in the air. It was bloody horrendous.

Today had the same chill in the air, but no wind and the sky was the most beautiful blue. How can anyone not feel elated by a turn in the weather like that.

I dont know if I suffer from SAD or anything quite so uselessly particular, but I do know that the sunshine on a pleasant day does brighten me up.

In other news Martin has bought us tickets to go see Metallica in July. It'll be the third time I've seen them, so that should be fun. I'm not a huge heavy metal fan, but as I've had to endure a lot of Metallica because Martin likes them then I've grown to be able to enjoy their stuff.

In turn for going to Metallica I'm dragging him along to see Loreena McKennitt in early April! It couldn't be further up the other end of the musical scale of styles from Metallica!! I love her music and I recommend it to anyone!!

Rock on!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SAD - Seasonal Affective Disorder - bit of a long-winded way of saying that you get mildly depressed when deprived of sunshine.
It is something to do with the production of Vit D from sunlight and the dropping levels of seratonin. I suffer from it because i have a benign liver disorder. Solution? Eat chocolate.

Kate said...

Hmmmmm. I didn't realise it was all to do with vitamin D and seratonin. Sounds all complicated like.

It also sounds like it could develop into vampirism! Hehehe.

I definitely like the cure though - sweeet sweeeeet chocolate!!!