Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Apologies Not Given

Dear Diary

Sorry I have not written in a while...


***STOP!!!***

WTF???

I've noticed that other bloggers seem to think they need to apologise for not blogging every split second of every hour, day, week, fortnight, month, year, decade etc!!!!!!!!!!!! Why?? What is this all about? I dont understand.

Are other bloggers being paid to blog? If they are then I completely understand the apologies, and damn right they should apologise... but I know that I dont pay to read blogs, so I'm really not convinced that anyone in the blogosphere is being paid to write them.

Why apologise?

I need to get this straight in my head.

Firstly, this blog is mine. Its my space to just ramble on about any shite I want. Freedom of speech. etc.
Secondly, just because its publicly displayed on the internet doesn't mean that the blog owns me and that I owe it to 'the internet blogosphere' to write a certain amount of crap along certain themes on a regular basis.

I touched on this a few posts ago where I was fed up with the mind-forged manacles that I'd put myself in about swearing. I said 'F*** that' then and I say 'F*** that' now. I may blog twice an hour, or twice a month. I may even blog just once a year. The point is its my choice when I want to blog, what I want to blog about, and how succinct and 'pleasant to read' (or unpleasant!) my blog posts are.

I may have some readers out there. I may not. And I know not. I'll never know unless comments show up on blogs regularly enough to tell. But truth be told, the thought of having regular readers makes me quake in my boots. Its like an invisible cloak of responsibility being thrown over me, and I dont very much like it.

I'm not saying I dont want readers, or for my blog not to be public... Not at all.. I'm just saying that the thought that viewers tune in is an odd one that perplexes me. I dont in fact care if one person reads this, a thousand people read this, or no one reads this.

But then comes the next question.......... Why the counter?

Tune in next time for the delightfully hilarious story that follows such a question as the one above.
Until then, kiddies. Stay safe, eat your vegetables and only take drugs in large quantities while playing in the road. Not really.

Love you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kate. Glad to see a new blogger! (Alright, maybe not new, but new to me.) Very exciting.

No pressure, though. I'll stop by and read more thoroughly when it's not so late. Right now, sleep is calling.

Until later.