Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Three C's

I was on my way to work this morning thinking about this whole writing thing. I'm pretty sure I'm still just an amateur, coz I'm hanging out for Nanowrimo to be my motivating force to stop procrastinating while PBW writes almost 200,000 a month and up to 9 books a year.

As far as I can tell there are the three C's to writing.

Confidence
Courage &
Commitment

I know I have the confidence to write a book. I'm getting there on the courage to actually write it (alcohol does wonders when you cant stop cringing at the fluff you think you're writing), its just the commitment factor that I havent quite got wrapped around my finger.

I know I can do commitment - I'm married. But commitment to see a book through to the end? I'm terrible with tying up loose ends. Thats my worry, that at the end of November I'll have a mostly written, almost finished, not quite there, book - and I wont have the three C's to finish it.

I'm thinking that I should probably spend a lot of time drunk at the end of November. If not to help boost my courage to finish the book, then to drown my sorrows at not finishing it.

Actually, scrap the above. The Evil Kate was sitting on my shoulder whispering that into my ear.

If I listen to the Good Kate, she is saying I should just stick with it. Be confident because I CAN do it. Have courage because I WILL do it, and be committed because I WANT to see it through to completion. I'm sure I can do it. ..I think.. Yes, I can.. Or can I?... Yes. I will do it. Umm... ...........The end of November shall show all I guess.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Listen to Good Kate.

Good luck!