Pages

Monday, October 16, 2006

Burning Feet

I started my new job today as an audio typist, and I'm surprised that I still have the energy left to type.

I get an hour at lunch in which to concentrate on my book, and also the time spent on the train to and from work (at a reasonable hour in the morning! My hours are 9.30 - 5.30).

I've got two weeks to settle in before Nano time begins.

The new job is ok.. its incredibly boring work as all insurance/claims stuff is, but the people are nice and my desk is ma-hoo-sive!

One tragedy though - NO INTERNET!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!! I'm ok with no hotmail. Thats expected. But no other access??? That means no casual surfing at lunch time, and more importantly NO BLOGGING. Bugger. I suppose I could post via email, but if my email account is monitored then I dont want any work people seeing my posts when I should be working.

I suppose its a good thing, though. It means any spare time available I should devote it to my book!

Ok, I'll grudgingly accept 'no internet' as a positive point.

My feet hurt though.

No comments: