Pages

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Crushed Under the Weight of Responsibility

It looks like this new job may be more permanent than I first thought. After briefly discussing it with the hubby, he's of the view that I can not take a job with a salary lower than this one. My dilemma - all the jobs I want have considerably lower salaries. Bugger. I hate money.. and I especially hate this money-driven existence we have survive through. I cant stand slaving away at the keyboard typing up stuff for someone else. It makes me feel crushed and caged. All the more reason why this Nano book MUST be well written and ready to send off to prospective agents/publishers by Christmas. MUST MUST MUST!!! I will not live my life as someone's bitch, typing up their boring corporate letters all day every day. Travelling in sardine cans with imposing pricks pressed up against me, rushing through the sheep-like hordes trying to abide by someone elses strict timetable! F#%&@# H%##!!!!! I WILL make it as a writer. I WILL be successful. I WILL work my own hours. And most importantly - I WILL be happy! I hereby swear that by my 30th birthday (Its only 18 months away - oh f*** is it really that close!) will have at least one book published or in line to be published.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Hi Kate,

Just wanted to say I wish you well with your novel and I hope you achieve your dream. Thanks for the link! I'll link you too.

Kate said...

Thank you, Marie, I hope I achieve it too!! Yay, link buddies.