Pages

Friday, June 01, 2007

Lonely Lonely Lonely Writer

I'm on my own now.

Hubby has flown and I've got the house to myself for a week. I hope he has a great time, but I also know that he's flying into the viper's nest!! There are a bunch of girls at the office he is visiting that want nothing more than to get their slutty claws into him!

It annoys me that other people dont respect 'marriage'... but I have no worries with where Martin's heart lies. I've already got three email from him... though that may be just the excitement of having a blackberry! Hehe.

I'm not only lonely from Martin leaving I'm also lonely at work. Wendy is off sick, Sam is out at meetings and then is off for the afternoon, and I've no idea where Matthew is, so I've got the whole office to myself!! The underwriting department is not in the open plan section of the office with everyone else, we're secluded away in an office for just the four of us... but today its all mine!

I dont mind, though. My printer blocks everyone's view of my desk so I sat reading the Metro all morning, and I've gorged myself on three chocolate bars so far (to keep my spirits up, of course!). I attempted the sudoko in the Metro, but it looked frustratingly a little tricky.

I have had a flash of my first chapter for the Cloud People book (its the working title.. very bad one, too!). I'm starting off with my protag at aged 6 daydreaming on the roof of her castle. You see, she's the heir to the throne, so its fitting that she should have a castle. So anyway, she's daydreaming, then enter her friend (& future lover), boy aged 7 (wizard in training), and that leads to the girl falling off the castle...........

I dont want to go into it too much in case I lose my interest/momentum.

I haven't got a name for my protag yet, or for the boy. Or her father, the King. Or the title of the book. Hmm. I do have two names for two wizards though - Carillion & Fenchurch. I got the former name from a claim title here at work, and the latter is obviously a street & train station in London. Although, now that I've mentioned them I think they sound more fitting for army generals or something.

Hmmm.. will have to think on that.

No comments: