Pages

Monday, June 25, 2007

Drifting

I'm getting so slack at posting. I think I've started viewing it as a chore, rather than as something that I started voluntarily. I do actually want to post, and I do like posting... but there are just so many other distractions.

So, Dublin was good. Ate lots, drank lots. Enjoyed it lots.

Grrr.. I'm being hassled to get off the computer. I'm not moving. Bugger them. At work there are only two computers (two in the library, and one computer on the fourth floor) and I selfishly like to sit on one of them for the full lunch hour. Some temp chick is blabbing about wanting to check her email and that there should be a time limit. Ha. Fuck off. I was here first.

Man, that's really pissed me off. I hate being hurried. I HATE IT! It may sound childish, but I was here first goddammit, and I will not cut short what I planned to do just so that some stupid temp can do what she wants.

Hmm.. anyway, moving on.

Received a book in the post from Bookseller Chick. I'm stoked! I'm part way through it. I can only read it at bedtime, coz I havent finished reading the Robin Hobb book (The Liveship Traders - Book 1) yet and I read that on the train to and from work. I was actually thinking of starting reading another book that my Mum sent me.. but the only other time I've got free is lunchtime - and I spend that time blogging (and reading blogs and doing other internet stuff coz I dont get any time to do it at home since Martin discovered Facebook).

Books can be so frustrating sometimes. I've got so many I want to read, but so little precious time. NOT FAIR!! I may have split up my train time.. read one on the way to work, and a different one on the way home.

I still haven't seen the last Doctor Who from the weekend yet! I'm sooo hanging out for it!! I doubt I'll get time over the weekend since I've got a hen party to go to, but perhaps Sunday morning I could squeeze it in if I get up earlier than Martin and I dont have a killer hangover.

We started watching Cronos last night.. The same dude who made Pan's Labyrinth. My mind is once again awash with ideas for Fairy Tales. I'm really really excited about writing a collection.. I've just got to find the time to do it. I've also got to find the time to get my bloody Cloud People book underway. There just isn't enough damn time in the day to do anything!! If only I didn't have to work full time!!!!!

I'm definitely buying a lottery ticket or a few hundred this weekend! Definitely!!

No comments: