Pages

Friday, September 07, 2007

Sorted With Jack

Well, I took today off from work coz I'm feeling poorly. I hate being ill, but at least I didn't have a great deal of house work to do or anything pressing on my mind.

I've done some tweaking on my blog, and I think its ok for now. I'm such a control freak and I love organising and re-organising things. Perhaps its a form of procrastination.. ah well. I'm not going to sweat it. I've also re-organised my Facebook profile. I'm getting sucked in more and more to Facebook everyday. Its great to link up with people who you haven't seen or heard from in ages. Its so strange to think that I've spent so much time with people in the past but now I'm struggling to remember their names. Its like life keeps turning and taking you to different stages. Kind of like chapters of a book I suppose.

I've introduced myself at The Novel Racers, and the comments have been really great. HELLO EVERYONE.

If hubby doesn't mind me neglecting him a bit tomorrow then I'd like to get some fairy tales out of my head and down on paper/screen. I'm confident that I can put together my collection of fairy tales, and finish Fleeting Life by Christmas, as I've promised hubby... but to finish a third book too might be a bit tricky. The fantasy trilogy that I want to write will take a lot of brain work and I dont want to rush it. Its pulling all the ideas together that is taking the time. The writing bit will be quite quick, I imagine. I'm constantly coming up with ideas for it everyday, but it sometimes takes weeks for a really cool idea to claim me... so I know that its not my typing fingers that are slowing me down, its my brain. Hmmm.. not really a comforting thought. Perhaps I should put away the Jack Daniels tonight and concentrate on coming up with ideas.

But its Friday. And it IS Jack Daniels after all.

Mmm.. I love Jack. He always makes things better. Hopefully it can burn out my hideous illness before the weekend fully sets in.

2 comments:

Graeme K Talboys said...

Fellow Novel Racer (and migraine sufferer) passing through. Nice looking blog. I guess you enjoy Robin Hobb's books, then.

And everywhere I go, since I named my central character Charlotte...

Unknown said...

Hello again kate. Hope you feel better now :-)