Pages

Monday, September 03, 2007

Decay

I get the feeling that my blog is lagging and falling away bit by bit.

I hope not. I dont want it to. Its not even a year old!

I think it must be because Robin Hobb's books stole my time so completely and work gave me limited Blogger access (and so did Martin!)...

But the latest culprit is Facebook.

I must stop. I must slow down. I must not give in to the urges to jump on there every five seconds. I must not open so many games of Scrabble on Facebook, and I must not stare blankly at the screen when there is clearly nothing new to look at!!

I want to keep blogging. I do. I do, I do, I do!

I fear its just an extension of my tendency NOT to write, when I know that that is what I should be doing. I just cant seem to grasp my thoughts together and put them down on the page. I feel like I'm a child jumping up to reach the string on helium balloons, but not quite being able to pull them down and order them systematically (like the way I eat M&Ms.. by number and by colour!).

NaNoWriMo is fast approaching. I must start working on a plan. I have to decide what book I'm going to write. I think it should be the Cloud People book.

I cant believe its September already and I haven't finished the final draft of Fleeting Life. I'm such a slacker. I'll never cut it in this writing world... I'm barely even making it in the normal working world. I'm writing on Blogger rather than working, for fuck's sake.

But we can never run and hide from the working world, so its in my own best interest to keep slogging away at writing, because it is infinitely better than the crap I'm doing now.

I'm attending a Bookbinding Workshop at Worthing Museum in October. *Sigh* another of my little fancies that takes away from my writing. This one is at least along a same avenue as writing. Perhaps if I learn bookbinding well enough I'll be able to make a few limited edition copies of my finished books (if I ever do get around to finishing anything!).

Damn, I'm in such a mood today!

No comments: