Pages

Monday, July 02, 2007

Shortlisted!

In May I entered a short story competition with Writelink, and the results have just come out.

I got shortlisted!!

WOO HOOO!!!!

I didn't come anywhere near winning, but I dont care. The only other short story competitions I've entered are on The Libbon Magazine website. I only entered two or three and didn't get anywhere, so for my fourth try I thought I'd try the Weekender Challenge at Writelink, and hooray hooray my name has popped up on the shortlist.

I'm soooo pleased.

I'm stoked.

I'm over the moon.

I feel like I've got confirmation that I'm not a total knob head... and that feeeeeels soooooooooo good!! Yeehaaaaa!

Check out the results HERE!! See my name??? DO you seee it???

I'll post my story some time this week if I get around to it.

The theme was 'Falling', so I chose something deeply original to call my story - Autumn Leaves. Hehehe. I tried not to but I just couldn't get the story out of my head, so I had to write it as my head dictated. It was handy that the words just poured out, but also annoying because I felt that my head decided what story I was supposed to write without consulting me first. That happens far too often. I feel like I'm just the hand holding the pen while my head takes me for a ride and makes me do all the peddling. Grr. I'll take back control for the next short story comp I enter.

Hehehe.. Yay, I'm still buzzing that I got shortlisted. Imagine how I'd feel if I'd have won! Ha, nothing would get me down off that cloud for weeks!

Hmm.. looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Marie said...

That's great. Well done! Looking forward to reading your story.