Pages

Monday, July 09, 2007

Music!



Saw Metallica last night at Wembley Stadium.

It rocked!

I'm not a huge Metallica fan, Martin is though. He has seen them five times. I've seen them three times though.. thats the most I've seen one band. Muse comes in second place - I've seen them twice (and would definitely go again!).

Metallica definitely has grown on me, and I do have a favourite song - No Leaf Clover. They played it with an orchestra a few years back, and lucky enough they played it last night (adapted, of course!). It was pretty sensational.

I'm pretty impressed with the stadium. It was packed, but we were never squashed or anything. We had to wait ages in the beer and food queues though. And although there are 700,000,000 toilets I still had to queue up - but they used their brains when building them and made separate entry/exit doors!!

So, I was pretty stoked to be at Wembley Stadium, watching Metallica rock it the way it should be rocked. I think though that I was more excited about the thought that just twenty four hours before David Tennant was there at the Live Earth concert. Hehehe. I'm so sad. I cant help it though. I chuckled and grinned to myself and kept those thoughts to myself at the time, although now I'm uploading them onto the internet, public for the world to read.

But I dont care. I stand tall and proud about my crush. Hehe.

So. Live Earth. Pretty cool. So incredibly funny that poor old Jonathan Woss ..oops, I mean 'Ross', had to apologise everytime someone swore. Bit disapointing that they didn't show Metallica's full set, but thats mainstream bollocks for ya.

The other highlight of my week was seeing Tori Amos last Tuesday. It was at the Hammersmith Apollo, and its the first time I've seen her. It was fucken cool! She threw herself around raunchly between a keyboard and a piano and absolutely owned the stage. It was pretty funny that she completely messed up a song and had to stop. it was 'January Girl' from the 'Choir Girl Hotel' album. But even so, she was ever so cool about it. Cant say I liked her gold jumpsuit though.. but then again I've never thought much for her fashion sense. She played all my favourite songs though, so I'll forgive her.

So, it was a pretty damn good week if you ask me!

3 comments:

Marie said...

So you were there - lucky you! I saw it on TV and I got so annoyed that they didn't show all of Metallica's set. Stupid BBC. Swearing. What's so wrong about that?

Kate said...

I wasn't at the Live Earth concert. I would have loved to have been there though!!

Metallica played at Wembley on the Sunday night. They had three support bands - Mastedon, Machine Head & HIM.

Kate said...

Oh, and I totally agree about the fucking swearing! Hehehe. I dont see the problem! Apparenly 100 or so people complained about it. But three times that complained that the Metallica set was cut short! Ha! (I wasn't too worried about it really, coz I saw two hours of Metallica on the Sunday!)