Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Shout Out

So, although I haven't been writing much in the past few years I have been doing other stuff.

Since I'm working as website admin for a company, I figured I'd try my hand at website build & design in my spare time.

I'm slooowly getting it together, while constantly battling all the distractions of life - especially laziness.

But anyway.. I've got a friend with a business who let me use him as a web design guinea pig, and after building his site from scratch and then redesigning it once I decided to redesign it again using a web design program. Made it easier to build coz these programs are made for dummies. I combat the guilt of cutting the corners by keeping in mind that I know I can write all the code from scratch... but really, is there any point in re-inventing the wheel? And also, just because you can build a wheel and build a car from the ground up it doesn't mean that its going to run well. These web programs mean any idiot can get on the web.. but unless they know what they're doing they're still idiots and they'll create an idiotic site.

Having said all that I'm sure I've just set myself up for a fall...hahaha..

Here's the site - www.adtdesignaspirations.co.uk

Writing is like web design. Any idiot can put a few words together to make a sentence, and can string a few sentences together to make a paragraph, then stitch paragraph on paragraph until they have a chapter, then repeat a dozen times. BUT - just because you can do that doesn't mean the book will be any good.

So I'm faced with wondering whether I'm any good.. at web design and writing...

Then I put the wondering aside and just get on with it because I'm having fun! ;-)

No comments: