Pages

Friday, April 20, 2007

Letting Out a Breath I Didn't Know I Was Holding

What a tumultuous last few weeks it has been!!

I dont even know where to start.

Firstly, I guess, I've just finished Robin Hobb's Farseer trilogy. My head is all over the place! I absolutely loved it! At first I was a bit taken aback by the narration style, now I'm totally hooked.

I just dont know what to say.

I'm gutted that I've finished it, but I'm looking forward to starting the Tawny Man trilogy.

I'm taking a break at the moment because I need to emotionally contain myself. I tend to get lost in books far too easily!

So, I'm reading the Life of Pi. It was recommended to me by someone at work, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Also, I dont have to buy it as I'm loaning it off them, and since I have no money to even by half a book for a few weeks then it works out well. If I had nothing to read at the moment I'm sure I would put the Tawny Man trilogy on my credit card, but that is very naughty and I must not! Absolutely must not!

I've got an Amazon wish list, but I'm finding it difficult not to keep adding book upon book upon book to it. I must keep myself grounded otherwise I'll get lost in reading and wont ever write.

Speaking of writing, I was lounging outside on our newly mowed lawn over the weekend (mown by myself!) and was absolutely delighted by the company of a pugnacious little Robin who skipped and flittered about me gobbling up the worms that I'd displaced. He sparked an idea in my head for another fairy tale that I can add to my Fairy Tale book. I've got two stories now!

While Martin was doing his LAST TWO EXAMS EVER (if he doesn't fail them, of course!) I was having a picnic outside on the grass of the hotel grounds amidst the squirrells, magpies, starlings, blackbirds, robins, blue tits, and bugs. Aside from the bugs, it was fucken unreal. Nature really has a way of taking all your worries and flushing them down the toilet.

I didn't actually get to finish The Last Robin (my second fairy tale), but its all planned out and I'll have it done soon.

Now that Martin is free and wont be studying anymore I feel like a great weight has lifted off our shoulders, and I'm kind of glad that I finished the Farseer Trilogy just as he was finishing his exams. Its like a chapter put behind us now, and we're both looking forward.

This weekend is going to be great! So relaxing!

Roll on summertime!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'Assassin's Apprentice' blew me away. And although the two sequels didn't hit the same high notes (almost impossible, to be honest), they were terrific. So I share your excitement.
I haven't had a go at the Tawny Man books yet, but I can recommend reading the Liveship trilogy first. They're next in the sequence (of 9 books), and they do tie in with the Farseer books in a very clever, subtle way.
(The Tawny Man trilogy is last in the sequence).....