Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Next Book

So, until I can actually get my fat ass into a bookshop to go through all of Feists books to figure out which one I'm up to, I can't really download anything onto my phone (via Kobo) to start reading just yet.......

I read an interview in the newspaper the other day with Isla Fisher about her role in the film adaptation of The Great Gatsby, and she gushed on and on about what a good book it is. I've heard of it, but I've never read it. To be honest I never even knew what it was about. So, I googled a synopsis of it, and it sounds kinda ok, so I thought I might give that a go. There's no dragons in it, but perhaps I can look past that if the actual writing is good.

That reminds me, I also downloaded a free preview of it, but haven't started it yet. perhaps I'll do that before I go to sleep.

Watching Skyfall tonight. Love it! I saw it at the Odeon in Leicester Square, sitting in the Royal Circle in the centre with the perfect view. Now I shall watch it from the comfort of my couch with my trusty little heater keeping me warm while my roast beef bubbles away in the slow cooker. Shit, I don't have any red wine. Ah well, almost a perfect evening!

No comments: