Pages

Friday, August 10, 2007

Facebook & The Time Vortex

Where does the time go??

When I'm not entranced with Robin Hobb's 'Tawny Man' trilogy, I'm on Facebook, Ebay or Email. And 'poof'... there goes all my spare time!!

In the last two weeks, though, I've sorted through and thrown out so much junk in my attempt to streamline my life.. so that really has taken up a lot of time. But it seems to be a never ending job. I haven't even started sorting through my clothes. I'm dreading it. I cant bear to part with anything, even though I dont fit most of the crap I'm holding on to and I probably never will again.. I just cant release my grip! I feel like i'll unravel if I get rid of my clothes. My identity. My face to the world. I just cant do it. Perhaps if I procrastinate long enough we'll haved moved house and settled in before Martin realises that I haven't actually sorted through it yet.

I cant believe I have sorted through my shoes already. I was sooo ruthless! It was really quite shocking. When it came down to listing them on Ebay I caved in on one pair of shiney metallic red mary-jane style shoes. I just couldn't bring myself to part with them. Though I cant believe that I'm going to part with all the other shoes I've listed. Its like I've torn out half of my heart.

And dont get me started on the huge load of handbags I sold last week.

My head is spinning!!

So, moving on. Facebook. Pretty sociable. I'm pretty pleased that they've got a Scrabble application. I love it. I've got about 5 games going on at the moment. I just wish I could connect to Facebook from work, and wish I could have more time on the computer in the evening (Martin is obsessed with Facebook!). I cant say that I'm obsessed with Facebook.. coz it only mildly amuses me, and being the socially inept moron that I am I just dont care enough about other people to want to spend hours a day scrolling through profiles of people that I was never really friends with in primary school and dont want to be friends with now. I would much rather rub squirell shit into my hair and smoke foxtails.

..But I do love word games.

Anyone want to have a game of Scrabble with me?? I'm not amazingly good at it or anything, and I can probably only get to the computer twice a day, but if you're not in a rush then I'm up for it! Anyone? Hello?

HELLO??? ANYONE WANT TO PLAY SCRABBLE WITH ME?!?!?!?!??!?!

2 comments:

Erica Ridley said...

I would much rather rub squirell shit into my hair and smoke foxtails

Bwa ha haa. =)

I log into Facebook about once every three months, but then, I didn't know about the Scrabble application. I do love me some Scrabble. I've got three versions--regular, Spanish (has the little ñ and stuff, so cute) and UpWords.

Does Facebook have UpWords? If so, I might be forced to take up yet another procrastinatory addiction... *g

Unknown said...

Scrabble on Facebook? I spend enough time there as it is.......how's the writing going?